[Amps] schematic 160 meter amp using 3cx3000a7

Phil Clements philc at texascellnet.com
Fri Jan 12 20:13:13 EST 2007

> Subject: Re: [Amps] schamatis 160 meter amp using 3cx3000a7
>
> > Sounds like CB jargon to me.
> > In my 45 years I never heard hams use terms like that.
> > I guess I have  a three-by-two hundred  sitting in my
> > basement.
>
> FYI
>
> Hams have been calling 3CX3000's 3 by 3's since the 60's or
> 70's.
>
> 4 by 5's and  4 by 1's (for 4-1000A's) are both common terms
> also.
>
> 73 Tom

Some of you guys really need to get out more and experience the real world.
If it took the reading of the amps reflector to introduce you to ham jargon,
you probably have led a too-sheltered life. If you saw a sign at the Dayton
Hamvention at a seller's booth saying "new 4X10's, $100," You might think
they were selling lumber! Not to mention, missing out on a bargain.

Pardon this old Codger; I'm off to Home Depot to buy a two inch by four inch
piece of wood, ten feet long. (I hope I am now politically correct!)

If you think ham jargon is funky, you ought to try to read the text messages
that the kids are sending on their cell phones nowadays.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC