[Amps] 144 MHZ 8877 Amplifier

Bruce Osterberg n9bx at mchsi.com
Wed Jan 17 22:35:31 EST 2007

Good Evening:

I managed to acquire a Stripline 2 meter amplifier that uses an 8877
tube.  Not sure when it was made but it appears to be OK and will try it
out soon.  All I have ever seen was a w6PO design that used a 8877 and
one from K1AGB.  Like the K1AGB mine has a single stripline that goes to
the tube Plate, but it also has a Vacuum Variable in the circuit.  The
input to the tube is a thru a tunable inductor, and a tunable 30 PF
capacitor that feeds the Cathode.  Not sure if this helps much but I
would like to put high voltage to this thing and see if it works.  It
has a Grid and Plate meter, and the Plate tune is a 30 pf vacuum
variable. Those are the only moving parts.  Anything I should be aware
of before I put high voltage to this?

Thanks for Any Help.  I would like to use this amp on EME.

73 Bruce N9BX