[Amps] Bad tubes from ebay, update

Larry larry at w7iuv.com
Sat Jan 27 16:16:30 EST 2007

Several months ago I posted a note about my experiences buying tubes
from east European sellers on ebay. Some of the details are at
http://w7iuv.com/badtubes.html

The problems with the seller "exland" were never resolved. That guy was
insulting in his email responses and never did a thing to help. Clearly
an irresponsible seller.

The other seller, "AnthonyWelsh", told me he would refund or replace the
bad GS-35B I received if I sent the bad one back. Well it's not easy to
send a tube back to the Ukraine from the USA. It took a bit of money and
very long time to get it back to him. Then it took a long time and many
email exchanges to sort it all out. Finally after 6 1/2 months, I got
the replacement tube. It's good and I'm happy. It was a very frustrating
experience and it took a long time to resolve but it was resolved to my
satisfaction. You can put "AnthonyWelsh" down as a responsible seller.

I'm not sure I'll ever want to take a chance on something like this
happening again. I much prefer to buy tubes from someone close by so
that I can strap on my .45 and personally carry the tube back if there
is a problem.

In any case, now I can get back to building amps!

73, Larry

--
Larry - W7IUV
DN07dg