[Amps] Bad tubes from ebay, update

PlanerGuy at aol.com PlanerGuy at aol.com
Mon Jan 29 13:21:45 EST 2007

In a message dated 1/29/2007 12:51:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rbonner at qro.com writes:
The only advantage I see in doing that is an attempt to get even with the
guy or possibly use it as a threat if you are still in negotiation.  And I
see that exland does not give feedback until he receives it.  In my opinion
a seller should give positive feedback as soon as the buyer pays for the
purchase.  But many sellers do not - they wait to see if they get negative
feedback.  Then they give negative feedback in return
 You're missing something here.  Greed!  There have been numerous instances
where so called
Buyers, make sure they have a winning a bid, just so they can leave negative
feedback.  They do this usually through a shill, or a second user ID. The
purpose is to eliminate competing sellers by making
them look unjustifiably as bad sellers.
This happens, and is becoming more and more frequent.  The so-called buyer is
unconcerned
about his negative feedback, It was a non selling ID anyway, or wasn't even
his.
He is only concerned about getting rid of the competition.
So - lets say you are a very good scrupulous seller of a nice and perfect
working HF rig; BUT
this guy makes his living selling HF radios, and he wants less competing
items posted.
He wins your item, claims it was broken junk, and leaves scathing feedback
for you.
Several instances of this and you are done as a seller.  You'll never be able
to prove your case,
but at least you can leave feedback stating how hard you tried to please him,
offered a refund,
etc., and that the guy seems to be up to no good.  It's not much, but its
better then having no
recourse at all.

No, you are a fool to leave positive feedback until the auction has been
successfully concluded
and he has stated that you were a good seller and stood behind your sales.

Remember, there is 1 bad buyer for every good buyer, and of course 1 bad
seller for every good.
Pretty much all things in reality are balanced this way, and you are best
served by being able
to respond to both forces as called for. I don't believe this being cynical,
rather its being realistic
and prudent.

Been burned, and learned!