[Amps] 2 meter AMplifiers:

Robert B. Bonner rbonner at qro.com
Wed Jan 31 09:33:38 EST 2007

I don't follow you Bruce.

Like trade my $3400 pristine Henry 3002 8877 amplifier for a new 8877 in the
box?  Yeah that sounds like a great deal.  Sign me up.

** Use a dual line not a single.  While both work, balancing each side of
the tube seems more logical to me.

The one in the Hank doesn't use pipes like the W6PO, it uses metal brackets
formed from flat stock, is slightly more compact.  Works the same.

I've constructed several W6PO 144's and a 220.  I wish I still had the 220
plans here, anybody have them?

Anyway, I can easily get 2000W out of the 8877 on 2 without pushing it, it
will go higher.  approx 3600 loaded down at 1Amp the 3002 uses a 3K-A power
supply.

You will need a big low pass constructed to go after the amplifier as it
won't meet FCC guidelines without additional suppression if you want to be a
legal beagle.

I've ran them both ways... Nobody cared from the farm.

BOB DD