[Amps] tubes??

Peter Chadwick g3rzp at g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 3 05:52:44 EDT 2007

The earliest mention I can find of 572Bs existing is in the 1962 ARRL Handbook, and for some time, the only manufacturer appeared to be Cetron. In that Handbook, the listings for it are as Class B push pull modulator, which makes sense, as it isn't really built as an RF tube. It seems that some Cetron tubes were rebranded by other tube manufacturers (not an uncommon arrangement), but it's relatively recently that the Taylor name has been resurrected in China. I wonder if anyone will ever try resurrecting Heinz and Kaufman's 'Gammatron' brand?
73
Peter G3RZP