[Amps] Transformer question

jeremy-ca km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Sun Jul 8 19:51:29 EDT 2007

So then you are trying to convince us that anyone who has a 240V dryer,
range, AC, Air Compressor or similar device with the neutral tied to the
ground at the wall outlet and at the device has a safety issue.
Sorry Tom, but the NEC manual disagrees with you and Id much rather follow
what the experts say.

And I have yet to see any 240V single phase ham amplifier manufacturer
provide a 4 wire cable.

In looking thru my amp manuals going back 40+ years I see that all 240V
configurations show the neutral connected to chassis ground. This, strangely
enough, includes Ameritron and verified with the AL-1200 on the bench for
repairs.

As you state Tom, this really isn't complicated.

Carl
KM1H