[Amps] AC Plugs

Robert Bonner rbonner at qro.com
Sun Jul 8 23:10:41 EDT 2007

HAHAHHAA yeah over thinking power plugs and cords.

You think that power cord on your amp is a 240V cord?  Nope it's a 120V
cord.

Because your amp is 120 or 240 selectable is why you have a black & white
cord.  If it was 240 V only it would be a pair of blacks or reds.

However you can make it legal when cranked on 240v and up to code by taping
the exposed portion of the white wire with black electrical tape to mark the
wire.

OVER