[Amps] Transformer question

Robert Bonner rbonner at qro.com
Mon Jul 9 21:29:35 EDT 2007

That's an interesting point Jim,  However I think the spreading out of
multiple paths is the electrical shock you get on the soft part of your arm
when you're leaning against stuff and the SHOCKED DEAD feeling you get when
you are barefoot on a damp floor when touching the same device.

MY YAESU 736R...  Something went wrong in the switching supply.  I was
leaning on the rig and hooking up the coax.  There was 60V between the
chassis and the connector.  You think that didn't wake me up?

In that case the rig had its Neutral and Green safety ground, it lit me up
anyway.  There was something seriously wrong.  I DYKED out the internal AC
supply and power the radio from the DC supply only.

If all circuit breakers were Ground Fault Interrupters, there would never be
a problem.  Ground conducts and the breaker pops.  This is not the case
however.

Anybody ever have a GFI breaker/ outlet explode?  I have.  RF on 80 meters
and all of a sudden the GFI wall outlet in the bathroom with my wife
connected with her curling iron blew out of the wall.

I love 80 meters.

BOB DD