[Amps] Fwd: Weighing In On Solder Water Wash Flux

David Cutter d.cutter at ntlworld.com
Thu Jul 12 02:31:03 EDT 2007

In companies I have worked for cleaning circuit boards was mainly a cosmetic
requirement and made it easier to see circuit trace faults.  It also
prevented other debris from sticking to the boards.  It is good to clean at
extremely high impedances partly because of a 'suspicion' of leakage through
the flux residue but also as above to it did not hold other leaky debris;
after which it would be coated.  As I recall, the MIL specs do not require
cleaning unless aggressive fluxes are used, I'll have a look when I get a
few spare ms.

David
G3UNA