[Amps] suppressors

Steve Thompson g8gsq at eltac.co.uk
Fri Jul 13 14:34:44 EDT 2007

Gary Schafer wrote:
> Here is a link to the N7WS test report on the suppressors. Be sure to look
> at both graphs.
The only problem I have with Wes' data (and particularly the graphs) is
that it concentrates on the parallel equivalent values. I think these
are a distraction - the value that matters is what Wes calls ESR in the
table, and it's not shown for all the variants. It's easy to calculate
from Rp and Xp. I guess everyone has their own way of visualising what's
going on with a circuit but I find ESR is much easier when I'm
explaining it to someone else.

I don't know where my figures are now, but I'm sure that when I worked
out the missing ESRs they (too) showed that NiCr made an inferior
suppressor.

Steve