[Amps] suppressors

Karl-Arne Markström sm0aom at telia.com
Sat Jul 14 05:19:13 EDT 2007

Even in smaller transmitters, similar metods had to be used.

The very "temperamental" 5 kW PEP Granger 172-2 MF/HF transmitters
had several Morganite 100 ohm resistors placed around the anode cooler of
the P-290A final, with one end grounded.

They damped out VHF parasitic resonances
in both the tube mounting and its connecting leads.

Without them, a VHF power oscillator resulted at certain settings of
the tune and load controls.

73/

Karl-Arne
SM0AOM