[Amps] Grid Dipping the Pi network in a new amp?

STEVEN & NANCY FRAASCH sjfraasch at embarqmail.com
Tue Jul 17 23:50:05 EDT 2007

Yes, I am choking over Bob's comments.

Metal work looks good.

It looks like your green clip lead is the output, and the red lead is for the 1.8K termination.  Getting this stuff in close and tight is necessary for 10m, but it's probably ok for under 40m.

I don't see so much of an issue with your layout.  It won't impact getting a resonance on 40m.

You mentioned tank values that seem a bit different than what I find for a 80m pi-net.  I get for a Qo = 12, the input shunt cap is 250 pf, series L = 8.2 uH, and output shunt cap 1240 pF.  You mentioned you're getting 7 uH for the coil in the 80m postion.  That might be too light.  Look for a resonance higher, around 4 MHz.  Perhaps you can preset components with the L/C meter, re-connect and re-test.

Steve