[Amps] ALPHAs and momentary power outages

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Jul 18 00:00:35 EDT 2007

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 11:09:07 -0400, Paul Cassel wrote:

>Now that would sure be a brute force way of handling the problem :-) Seems
>to be several good alternate timer circuit ideas so will watch the
>reflector.

Sometimes simple and brute force is better. Earlier in this thread, it was
suggested that the timer was microprocessor based, not in discrete circuitry,
and was not easy to reprogram. Some things are easier to do outside the box.
:)

MANY years ago I attended a workshop on acoustics taught by a very high power
consultant. His client was a home recording studio that was hearing too much
rumbling noise when trucks went by on the road out front. The client had been
reading up on his problem, and was expecting him to prescribe an expensive
acoustic solution -- rebuild the studio as a room within a room with a
floating floor, etc.. The consultant, of course, knew how to do this (and had
done it before), but did some quick math and came to the conclusion that the
cheapest solution was to fill the potholes out on the road. And that's what he
told his client to do.

73,

Jim Brown