[Amps] SB-200 DATA

jeremy-ca km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Thu Jul 19 13:25:02 EDT 2007

Im quite aware of the 80's problem. I was reselling Eimacs from CeCo,
Richardson and 1 or 2 others before Richardson got it all. I even continued
with Richardson for a few more years until I sold off Radio Kit.

I also had experience with those black base Russian 811's that Ameritron
started with. I got a lot of repair jobs from those. I still have a pair as
modulators in my Clegg Zeus where they are running well below ratings. They
and the Chinese used receiving tube glass. I havent melted any lately!

I would hope that for the past 15 years or so Ameritron is using quality
tubes from Eimac that have good life expectancy or is everything now coming
from China?

One would think that ALL manufacturers would band together and push China to
produce to original performance specs. The automotive tool industry has done
this, including factory visits, and the quality from many factories is
excellent. Ive placed several items on Snap On and MAC Tools trucks and get
regular repeat business.

Carl
KM1H