[Amps] AL-80B transformer tap

shack noddy1211 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 23 20:44:55 EDT 2007

James,

You know I really would not worry; I would set it to 240 volts and be
done and yes it will run a little more efficiently.  I have never had a
problem in the U.K. with setting taps to 240 volts even though where I
lived the voltage would go up to 250 + volts on occasions.

I have my AL-1500 set to 240 and my line voltage is often over 245vac.
I always figured my dumb tuning at times would do more damage to
components than 5 or 6 volt VAC.  The only thing that power companies
guarantee is the frequency.

Mike K6BR