[Amps] Gassy Tubes/Technology Museum looking for artifacts

TexasRF at aol.com TexasRF at aol.com
Thu Jul 26 11:02:42 EDT 2007

Wild guess: to prevent plugging a 6.3v filament tube in a 12.6v socket?
Maybe 807's were also used in other applications in that era.

Remember the early 1625 "linear" amplifier designs requiring a hole to be
cut in the base to separate the beam and cathode leads? We are (were) a
resourceful bunch huh?

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 7/26/2007 9:22:48 A.M. Central Daylight Time,