[Amps] Gassy Tubes/Technology Museum looking for artifacts

Robert Bonner rbonner at qro.com
Fri Jul 27 09:25:49 EDT 2007

If you seriously look at a 1625 compared to an 807 the tubes mount far more
securely in the sockets.  Since the tubes were utilized in aircraft I'm
pretty sure the end result was far more stability in the socket.  When I
removed the 1625's from my ARC-5 I remember they were really in there.

I would think a tube that large with an OCTAL type phenolic socket would
break the locating pin in airborne applications.

I'm sure we could ask the designer of the 1625 if it was 1950...  Whoops
sorry to late.  BUZZZZZ Dialtone.

BOB DD