[Amps] Ameritron amp purchase decision questions

jeremy-ca km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Fri Jul 27 09:47:32 EDT 2007

The tube costs listed are per tube, the AL-572 uses 4 tubes and the AL-82
uses 2 as does the AL-800H.

Then there are glass vs ceramic, instant on vs timer delay and also life vs
cost.

To a much larger degree MFJ/Ameritron has copied the old Dentron marketing
style of providing a wide range of overlapping and often confusing choices.
How economically feasible it is to Ameritron depends upon how the
engineering is amortized, production line configurations, as well as the use
of common components across many models.

Its not much different than trying to figure out the offerings of GM, etc.
Designed to confound and confuse.

Carl
KM1H