[Amps] Tokyo HL-1.5KFX Yaesu pinout

Steve Thompson g8gsq at eltac.co.uk
Mon Jul 30 15:58:06 EDT 2007

> BTW -- the numbers printed on the actual plug are, in clockwise
> order, 6, 1, 4, 2, 5, 3, 7. The center pin is 8. AND, the printing
> of the numbers is SO light and so bad that depending on how you
> look at it, they look like different numbers. 5 looks like 6, 6
> looks like 8, etc. AARGH!
Quoting VK6APK from a previous thread:

"We all know what you are going through.

I think the numbering is the way it is because originally the DIN plug
was just 3 pins numbered 1-2-3 in a row as you would expect. When more
pins were added, pins 1, 2 and 3 stayed as they were and the new pin
numbers were slotted in between as required. This made for a very messy
numbering scheme.

If your pins are moving in the plastic as you solder them, it means you
have bought el cheapo plugs. Good quality plugs have a material which
does not melt when you solder the pins. If you want to keep the plugs
you bought, try soldering the wires on whilst plugging the connector
into a socket. That will hold the pins and sink away the heat more quickly.

73 from sunny Perth,
Alek. VK6APK"

Cheap DIN connectors are nasty - just like cheap RCA/phono connectors,
259s etc. etc. High quality DIN plugs with solid metal shells and
non-melting plastic (if you can find them) are a whole different game.

Steve