[Amps] Great Help and Comments on XFMR BUZZING ISSUE. THANK YOU

Van K7VS wa7fab at cdsnet.net
Sun Jun 10 20:36:44 EDT 2007

Thanks for the comments.  I have a rather modest collection of 50's and 60's
equipment here.  I just have not run into this particular problem before.
Think it is solvable.  On the power supply, it is completely renovated down
to regalvinizing the entire chassis and of course all the transformers
repainted.  I must say, it looks brand new!  The power supply works just
fine and the rf deck delivers about 325 watts output thru a bird into a 52
ohm dummy load on 75 meters!  Actually, the modulator deck is in the worse
condition.  everything rusy but not a problem as long as the cores/windings
are ok which I am keeping my fingers crossed about at this time. Of course
the cabinet has been stripped and will be re-spayed with a hammertone finish
and the front panels will all be completely repainted and silkscreened.  73
and thanks for the thoughts.  Van, K7VS