[Amps] Reflector SCAM: Beware

EP Swynar gswynar at durham.net
Mon Mar 5 09:50:52 EST 2007

Good Morning All,

You may recall that last week I advertised on this Reflector for a 4-1000A tube...

While I did receive several bona fide responses, I also received the message that I am including below. It is, word for word, an exact duplicate of one that I got a couple of days earlier, with the only difference being that the supposed seller in that instance was purportedly from Poland, and not the U.K.

Looking at the poor grammar & the vague references in the text of the message it is fairly obvious that this is a "phish" --- by my posting this, I am hoping that the manager of the Amps Reflector might know that some scam artist(s) is trolling the list, & to let unsuspecting subscribers know that not all is what it might first appear to be...especially if it might involve a potential exchange of money!

"FWIW" (for what it's worth)...

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ