[Amps] Old Power Cord

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Mar 5 13:01:45 EST 2007

On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 13:50:34 -0600, Kim Elmore wrote:

>I've gone to some pains to isolate my station RF ground from the
>mains ground and it isn't always straightforward...

This is a VERY BAD thing to do. ALL grounds within a building, MUST,
by LAW be BONDED together by a low impedance path (that means BEEFY,
DEPENDABLE, and SHORT). This is a requirement because it is the
SAFEST thing you can do, both for lightning safety and safety for
personnel. If this doesn't work for you, you need to fix your
station, especially your antenna system. And if you've read
somewhere that you should make that separation, burn that book!

73,

Jim Brown K9YC