[Amps] B&W FC-30 Filament Choke: EPILOGUE

EP Swynar gswynar at durham.net
Mon Mar 5 13:56:40 EST 2007

On 5th March Bob wrote...

> I had always wondered what the difference was from an FC-30 and an FC-30A.

About the only reference that I've managed to find re. any possible difference(s) between these two generations of filament chokes (and be assured that I have NOT delved too deeply into this), was found in the July 1963 issue of QST, page 31 ("The 4-1000A In Grounded Grid", by Larry Kleber K9KLA)...

To whit, "RFC1 is the new B&W FC-30A bifilar filament choke which is more efficient than the earlier FC-30."

Period...and that's all, folks...!

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ