[Amps] Alligators

Peter Voelpel df3kv at t-online.de
Mon Mar 5 17:47:56 EST 2007

Hi Jim,

I do not think that K9AY loops are of any help on 20m,
there I prefer yagis which are quite useful to supress qrm from some
directions.
Most are using groundplanes or dipoles here as the have no permit for large
antennas,
few have multiband yagis

All the antenna projects you mention are useless against qrm from other
stations near your frequency within the passband of the if-filters.

Again, the receiving problems have nothing to do with electrical
interference or electrical noise.
I have used the Orion in contests and use myself a pair of IC-765s and
modified drake twins.
The R4C and the 765s make use of smaller roofing filters.
In large contest qrm is tremendeous, especially when using 100W you will
hold no frequency.

Very few people are able to run high power (750W) in Germany with all that
electronic junk in their neighbourhood.

73
Peter