[Amps] HF splitting and combining

rln_thndr at hotmail.com rln_thndr at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 15 08:26:58 EST 2007

Ok I have seen splitters and combiners in many amplifiers consisting of a torrid wrapped about 7 times and a capacitor in the input.

I have not been ample to find any documentation/formula for this style of combiner.  I have however seen alot on the wilkinson splitter/combiner.  Is the first a version of the latter?

I thought maybe it was a lumped component version possibly.

I have also been seen an amplifier with the hybrid style transformer sold by Comunication Concepts and described/designed by Helge Granberg in a few of his motorola apps.  The only twist to these are that there is no step-up/step-down transformer to get 50 Ohm.  Are they do you think they are uping the the impedance ratio on the input and output transformers on the push-pull amplifier sections?  An example of this would be the metron 1000B.

Any thoughts, opinions, reading material you can suggest?