[Amps] AMP Reflector Quality of Information

Vic K2VCO vic at rakefet.com
Tue Mar 20 10:26:33 EST 2007

Pete Smith wrote:
> I don't want to take sides here, as Dick seems to, but I have been on this
> amps reflector since it began.

I don't know when it began, but I've been here for at least 10 years.
I'm mostly an "asker" rather than an "answerer" unless someone asks
about something that I happen to have personal knowledge of (like
exploding chokes and burning SB-1000 bandswitches).

I know that I got useful help from people belonging to various factions
that fought in the 'reflector wars'. I think that there are some people
who deliberately seek stimulation from really aggressive debating, often
to the point that the technical issue gets buried. This is bad enough,
but we've also had remarks about the character and habits of particular
individuals, etc.

Frankly, I like it better now. I get my verbal stimulation from arguing
about politics; I'd prefer my technical discussions to be just
technical. There are plenty of real experts here still here to answer
questions.
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco