[Amps] Doorknob capacitors

Larry Benko xxw0qe at comcast.net
Wed Mar 21 18:10:39 EST 2007

Is there any reference someone could point me to concerning general
ratings for doorknob type capacitors.  I have several that are about
1.25 inches in diameter and 1 inch long with values of 270pF and 400pF
and DC ratings of 12KV and 20KV.   I assume at RF the most important
rating would be the rated RF current which based on the dissapation
factor of the cap. would be basically how much the capacitor would heat
up.   What would be typical RF current ratings for capacitors such as
these be?  I was planning on using a couple as extra fixed capacitance
in a couple of L network tuners I am building.  One reason to minimize
much heating is that the capacitors hava a fairly significant negative
temperature coefficient.

Thanks and 73,
Larry, W0QE