[Amps] Pi L networks

Steve Flood flood at ixi.net
Fri Mar 30 07:16:52 EST 2007

Here is what I've derived for my 160 amp for a 2700-ohm plate load.

Ctune 250pF
Cload 1500 pF
Lpi 39 uH
Lel 9.1 uH

Based on my previous questions regarding making room for everything and the
answers received,

My homebrew Ctune is 9" long.  I built it at 0.16" plate spacing for 5400
volts breakdown (which is twice my plate voltage of 2700v).  I did that
because of what I read in the Orr handbook.  However, using a couple
different Pi-L software calculators, the peak voltage at Ctune is only about
2500.  Do I really need twice the plate voltage rating at Ctune?

Steve, KK7UV