[Amps] Replacement plate choke for Alpha 76

Dan Hearn dhearn at air-pipe.com
Tue May 22 00:11:32 EDT 2007

Joe;: Along that line I believe I once saw a mod for the RFC on the 76A as
it had an undesired resonance on, I believe, 15 or 17m. The guy made a
single turn of insulated buss wire around the choke. He moved it up and down
until the resonance was moved into the CB band so it would work on 15 (
could have been 17m). If it ever was bought by a CBer smoke would ensue. I
think the tip was in some small DX magazine, not one of the present
magazines. FWIW. 73, Dan, N5AR