[Amps] Sequencing an Alpha 87a

Tom W8JI w8ji at w8ji.com
Thu May 24 04:43:01 EDT 2007

> Through a menu command, one can select a high-voltage
> MOSFET or a relay to
> key an external amp.  I have always set mine on the former
> and have not run
> into any timing issues with any of my three amps.

I remember very well how I measured a new production rig of
another brand and it had terrible sequencing. Despite seeing
it with my own eyes an engineer at the company kept telling
me it was fine and he checked it. After I wasted time
checking and rechecking my setup he finally actually looked
at the rig and found it did have a sequencing issue.

So the question that pops into my head after that experience
is...

Has anyone put the 7800 on a scope and looked at the timing?

73 Tom