[Amps] Testing 8874s

Bill Fuqua wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Thu Nov 1 21:27:00 EST 2007

    I had a bucket  full of the Motorola conduction cooled tetrodes (
similar to 4cs250) tubes pulled from repeater and pager amplifiers. Got a
deal on them, I thought, at a hamfest. Just about all of them were bad. It
seems that commercial operators usually did not do anything until there is
a failure.

73
Bill wa4lav