[Amps] Testing 8874s

Van K7VS wa7fab at cdsnet.net
Thu Nov 1 23:04:46 EST 2007

Karls advice is very close to how Alpha recommends checking individual
tubes.  They suggest one at a time and simply apply a small amount of drive
10-20 watts into a single tube and compare with a good one.  One thing that
Karl failed to mention is that you should stuff a rag of some type in the
two emply tube socket holes so you have plenty of air flow around the tube
you are testing.  Van, K7VS