[Amps] Fw: Meter Repair...? --- GOOD NEWS!

EP Swynar gswynar at durham.net
Sat Nov 3 08:05:56 EST 2007

Good Morning All,

Well, I'm VERY pleased to report that, in the process of getting access for the removal of my B+ voltage monitoring meter from the front of my amplifier, the doggone thing has returned to normal again...!

I undid umpteen screws, knobs, spacers, protective screens, ad nauseam to get the thing removed ---  somehow during all of this electronic compontentry feat of gymnastics, whatever it was that whacked-out the meter movement yesterday & prevented it from dropping back down to zero, became "re-set".

Chalk one up to "...industrial phenomenon."

I couldn't really tap the meter before, when it was securely in place, to free anything up that might have temorarily "...snafu'ed" inside, because of the bulk of the amplifier surrounding it....looks like the bump & grind of its removal worked wonders for it, though, and me...

I laughed at myself when I held a perfectly normal meter staring me in the face at the end of it all, because I thought right away of one of the Apollo moon landing missions, when an astronaut's camera on the lunar surface refused to work...what did he do to fix it so far away from home? He tapped the thing!

I believe history records that it worked fine after that.

Many thanks to all for the sage & knowledgable advice that was imparted to me these past coupla days --- there is a real watershed of smart people out there who really know their stuff in such matters, and I salute you...!

Should those folks who offered to look for a direct replacement for this meter in their respective junque boxes still care to do so, I'll be only too pleased to consumate the deal --- after all, spares are always a good thing...

Thanks again, & my vy

~73!~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ