[Amps] Vertex_Yaesu Merger

Peter Chadwick g3rzp at g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 6 05:23:55 EST 2007

W0JX said:
>If this merger goes through, it will be the end of Yaesu as we know it.<
Once upon a time, there was very succesful VHF radio telephone manufacturing company based at 110 Artillerisvej, Copenhagen, called Storno. They had subsidiaries in a lot of other European countries, as well as Australasia. Motorola bought them with the usual flurry of press releases, promises etc. Storno (or 'Stornorola' as they got called) have disappeared, and few, if any employees are still employed by Motorola. The Metropolitan police liked Storno handheld radios, rather than those from Pye. This was because the Storno radio had a fairly heavy metal case that only bent when used to hit people over the head: the Pye radios with a plastic case cracked and fell apart.
I'm trying to think of a company bought my Motorola that has lasted in recognisable form..
73
Peter G3RZP