[Amps] Vertex_Yaesu Merger

Peter Chadwick g3rzp at g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 6 15:55:53 EST 2007

In 1986, I visited Icom in my professional capacity. By previous arrangement, I paid cash and came away with a European Icom 471 70 cms rig at the 100+ export price. Last year, I had a failure in it - the neon/ light sensitive detector used as an opto isolator in the PSU failed. I called Icom in the UK at 1500 on a Wednesday afternoon. The replacement part costing about  $8 arrived in the mail at 0930 the next morning.
OK, I happened to have worked at the same company with the guy at Icom in a 'previous existence'. But I wonder if Vertex/Roll'em-ova will offer that sort of service. Somehow, I doubt it. I look forward to being proved wrong.
73
Peter G3RZP