[Amps] operating a transformer in oil

Peter Chadwick g3rzp at g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 12 05:57:38 EST 2007

>Ive seen mention of that method Peter but how do you calculate the choke
value?<
I don't know, but I would work on the basis that the choke should offer 10 times the impedance of the PA at the lowest modulating frequency. So a 10Henry choke offering 18k ohms in the DC feed to the PA, and from the mod transformer via a capacitor witha reactance of about 1/10 of the PA load - say 4 mFd - should do the trick. It's a techniques some very QRO (100kW plus) broadcast tx's use.
73
Peter G3RZP