[Amps] Hy-Gain Hy-Tower Power handleing

Joe Subich, W4TV w4tv at subich.com
Wed Nov 21 09:47:27 EST 2007

> I dont know what the 160 mod consists of.

There are two 160 mods ... the first adds a 40 meter trap at
the top of the tower section and a horizontal wire as an
inverted "L."  The second adds a loading coil in the 75 meter
"drop wire" (in the center of the tower).

The loading coil version puts extreme voltage stress on the
80/75 meter insulator at the base of the whip.  That insulator
will arc over and burn at a few hundred watts on 160 meters
but there is no "official" specification.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV