[Amps] Conductive Grease

EP Swynar gswynar at durham.net
Mon Nov 26 09:22:11 EST 2007

Hi Guys,

I recall some 25 years ago that the tool makers in General Motors where I
worked used castor oil exclusively on any electro-mechanical devices they
worked on...

I apply it periodically on the "slider" of my roller inductors, as well as
on the bearings of variable capacitors here...it DOES get a tad "firm" &
sticky over time, but my experience here has been that this time span is in
terms of YEARS. A light swipe with a rag wetted with rubbing alcohol,
followed by another application of the oil, does the trick for me...

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ