[Amps] Conductive Grease

David G4FTC g4ftc at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 27 15:58:38 EST 2007

> > At one time castor oil was used in automobile racing engines rather than> petroleum oil. I can still remember the sweetish exhaust smell of an engine> running on castor oil.

Castrol R.

In the late '70s I was told that it still could hold its own over mineral oils and
this held true until the advent of synthetic oils

> I think that's where Castrol brand oil got its name. I've always wondered about that one

Castrol still do make a Castor Oil based lubricant - Castrol R40. The product description says:

"Castrol R40 provides the ultimate in lubrication. If the best possible performance coupled with
reliability is the aim then the remarkable stamina and great film strength of Castrol R40 will provide
a valuable margin of safety at ultra high engine speeds and temperatures. A castor based lubricant which is primarily designed for the racing world; however its unique
properties can also benefit private owners interested in high performance.Never mix Castrol R40 with mineral based or synthetic crankcase oils"

That'll give anyone a "run" for their money!

David G4FTC