[Amps] 240 volts

Darryl Kwasny djkwasny at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 28 15:38:49 EST 2007

Well, it's not kosher but sometimes one has to do what one has to do.  If the breakers are not on the same side of the panel or not next to each other you should move them around so that they are next to each other, one above the other.  You should gang them together so if one trips it will shut the other one off. Might keep you from getting your hair standing on end. :-)

  Darryl, K5WAS

I've got no "good" way to run 220 to the shack as I'm not permitted
to drill holes to run line but what I do have available are outlets
on different sides of the 220 coming into the house.

Are there any good arguments why I shouldn't tap off of the hot side
of two separate line sources which gives me confirmed 220 and use the
ground common to each outlet for the line ground wire which both are
connected to the block? The breakers for each leg are 15 amps, the
wiring is for 20A at 110V. I'll be running legal limit so there's no
excess draw as a heating problem for the wires.

Thanks,

Gary
ka1j

Cape Coral Time & Temperature