[Amps] Svetlana 3CX800s at VHF: Performance?

Joe Giacobello k2xx at swva.net
Mon Oct 1 10:04:53 EDT 2007

I think I read in a recent post that the Svetlana 3CX800s do not work
well at VHF frequencies.  I have heard a similar negative report from
one well-known VHF amp manufacturer.

I recently purchased several of the Svetlana product from an estate
sale, checked them out OK on my HF amp and put them back on the shelf.
I may now have to replace the final in a Henry 2002-A 2M amp.  I have
the option of pulling the good Eimacs from my HF amp, replacing them
with the Svetlanas and using the Eimacs in the Henry. Based on the
experiences of those on the list, is that the best way to go?  It seems
that way at this point.

I'd appreciate any input you can provide.

73, Joe
K2XX