[Amps] 8877 Grid Trip timing

Rick Stealey rstealey at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 2 13:35:01 EDT 2007

> amp to NOT trip off on short spikes?

Ok that convinces me, I will remove the electrolytic across the relay.
The design of this amp is based on a QST series back in about 1986.
The author of the article built another one that is featured in the
2006 Handbook using a 3CX1500D7, and I just checked and he still has a
capacitor on his relay but it is now only 10 uf, and he does not comment
on it in the description of the amp.
Interesting idea about tripping on swr.  Hummmmmm......

Thanks for the help, Tom.

Rick  K2XT