[Amps] CB Amps or full spectrum???

EP Swynar gswynar at durham.net
Tue Oct 9 11:36:00 EDT 2007

Hi Vic et al,

All the more reason to buy a tube-type CB linear amplifier for Ham
service...

The ones that I've seen come with conventional pi-network output circuitry
which includes a variable plate tuning capacitor...but you really DO have to
execute changes in the biasing scheme though, or your signal will sound just
absolutely awful...! (why even the then CB market tolerated that is beyond
me).

One final note: these things thrived on TV sweep tubes --- the 6KD6, 6LQ6, &
the like...and these, too, have risen tremendously in price since the good
ol' days of Burt Reynolds & his '77 Trans Am!

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ