[Amps] How about a Solid State MARS amp??? fwiw

RAY FRIESS rayfrijr at msn.com
Wed Oct 10 10:00:23 EDT 2007

I'm curious as to whether you are referring to taking an amp that was used on MARS and changing it for ham use, or vice versa.

If the first, I would say, don't waste your time.  As a MARS member, I can assure you that you will be taking a perfectly good amp and "dedicating" it to a purpose for which you will rarely use it, other than to say "no traffic" or "hi, nothing here for the net."   MARS has no viable missions at the present time so there is little if anything done on MARS nets, especially on VHF frequencies.   The MARS VHF nets in this state, of which I was a net control for a long time, were shut down years ago because of lack of interest, participation and purpose.