[Amps] SB-230 Amp Retrofit

Rob Frohne frohro at wallawalla.edu
Sun Oct 14 03:00:55 EDT 2007

Hi Harry,

I have an SB-230 modified by Bob Friess to use an 8560AS.  These tubes
go for around $50 each new, and it will put out 500 watts with 10 watts
drive.  Bob lost a lot of the design data when his hard drive crashed.
I plan to reverse engineer it and put the details on the web.  He did a
really nice job.

73,

Rob, KL7NA