[Amps] B /W PT2500A

Donald Fox taurusshoguy at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 15 10:44:23 EDT 2007

Greetings Gentlemen:

  Long time lurker/First time posting.

  I am  in the process of resurrecting a mid 80's (I believe) B&W PT2500, and would appreciate any comments from anyone their experience with one of these.

  So far, documented issues are:

  *Both meter lights either out or intermittant

  *Full output on bands 160, 80, 20, but none on 20 and 200 or less on 15, 10

  *Plate current meter hangs up around 650 ma.

  Obviously, I am not expecting a blow by blow reply, just hoping some of you might be able to point me in the right direction based upon personal experience with one.

  Layout of the unit is pretty decent, and it seems built like a tank. Seems a shame to not be in working order so someone can enjoy it.

                                        Don   n8ech