[Amps] T/R schemes in Homebrew Amps

Peter Chadwick g3rzp at g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 18 10:59:20 EDT 2007

I don't have QSK on my transceiver, so an open frame relay is good enough for me. With three sets of contacts, one set can be arranged for controlling the amp so that the relay has to be hard over before the amp can start. Additionally, I use energise to receive: this means that the antenna is connected to the amplifier when the equipment is off, which offers a measure of protection against lightning - which is nowhere near as bad here as in most of the US.

73
Peter G3RZP