[Amps] PEP Wattmeters

Saandy Eban alexeban at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 02:39:24 EDT 2007

NOOO, IT'S NOT!!!!
At least Heathkit had on the market a dual function wattmeter (published
also in QST)and MFJ has also at least one model- not a tuner with
SWR/Wattmeter included- but a stand alone meter that can also measure
average or peak power. The trick is in selecting the right time constants
for the averaging circuits: long for peak readings, short for average
readings. Bad thing is that selection has to take into account the
mechanical characteristics of the meter movement!
Alex 	4Z5KS