[Amps] Replacing a Henry roller inductor...

Philip Leonard WVØT leolists at seidkr.com
Tue Oct 23 11:17:28 EDT 2007

Has anyone replaced the roller inductor in a Henry amp?  In my 3K
Classic X MkII the coil forms have degraded to the point that the coil
is no longer concentric with the roller.  The forms have actually
started to break up.  This is causing the roller contactor to become
intermittent (ie, doesn't always remain in contact with the coil).

I've look at the roller inductors that Surplus Sales of Nebraska sells
and I'm wondering if their model (IRV) RI-40 would work as a replacement.

Has anyone tried this?  Any suggestions?

Thanks, Philip